From Our Blog
|Posts by Category|
In the Spotlight
News & Events
|View By Author|
« View All
Great Barrier Reef
Great Barrier Reef
There are certain places in the world that take your breath away. The Great Barrier Reef is one of those places. Internationally recognised as the world’s largest and healthiest coral reef, the Great Barrier Reef provides world-class experiences at a world-class destination.
How to get there:
Stretching over 2,300 kilometres, the Great Barrier Reef is easily accessed from the Queensland
coast including Port Douglas, Cairns, Townsville, Airlie Beach, Seventeen Seventy and Bundaberg.
Ways out to the reef are many and varied - you can cruise or sail out, fly to an isolated coral cay in
a helicopter or seaplane or rush out in a speedboat.
Things to experience:
There are five distinctive precincts on the Great Barrier Reef - the Wild North, Cairns and Port
Douglas, Townsville, Whitsundays and Mackay, and the Southern Great Barrier Reef - each
offering a unique set of experiences including:
- Come face-to-face with the sea life and marine creatures of the Great Barrier Reef while snorkelling or diving.
- Immerse yourself in the marine world on a longer, live-aboard trip to remote reefs and islands.
- Take an expedition cruise through a marine wilderness.
- Navigate through the islands, either as your own captain on a bareboat or sitting back and relaxing on a charter boat.
- Be there at the right time and place to witness the spectacle of turtle hatching on the beach, whale migrations or the annual coral spawning.
- Visit the magnificent Ribbon Reefs and swim with dwarf minke whales in clear tropical waters in June and July.
- Participate in the research and conservation of one of the world’s most precious ecosystems.
- See the reef from the air by plane or helicopter, or for the truly adventurous, go skydiving.
- Stay on a Great Barrier Reef island with choices from luxury resorts to quiet retreats or tents.
- Wake up to the sound of the ocean and then head down to the beach to snorkel on a coral reef.
- Be pampered with a massage, spa or natural therapy at a luxury island resort.
- Dine on the beach, feeling your toes in the sand as the sun sets over the Great Barrier Reef.
- Catch your own fish - perhaps a barramundi, a table fish from the reef or a game fish from the open ocean.
- Learn about traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait connections to their ‘sea country’.
- Go sea-kayaking around tropical islands visiting remote beaches and fringing reefs.
- Be the only one on the beach while you hike and camp on isolated islands.
For further information:
Love to hear your favorite experiences you have had on the great barrier reef.....
Added on July 26, 2012
Filed UnderAustralia, In the Spotlight by Blog
No comments have been added yet to this post.
Post a comment - top
Please login or register to leave a comment or write new posts.
Click to register